ISO 27001 Compliance Management
What Are ISO 27001 Compliance Requirements
ISO 27001 is a global standard for information security. It provides organizations with a framework for implementing, managing, and maintaining effective information security management systems. The standard specifies requirements for creating and monitoring an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that is designed to identify, manage, and reduce the risks associated with the use of technology.
The requirements of ISO 27001 cover the following areas:
- Establishing a policy to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory demands
- Defining which assets need protection
- Assessing current risk levels against established criteria
- Implementing controls to address identified risks
- Establishing procedures and processes to ensure ongoing ISMS operation
- Monitoring changes in the IT environment to identify new or changed risks
- Reviewing organizational performance at regular intervals
- Making improvements to security measures as required.